If you have thinning hair or early signs of hair loss, red light has been shown to improve hair thickness and fullness, if used consistently.
Thinning hair (reduced diameter of the hair shaft) is an indication of decreasing activity of the hair root. The cells of the hair root secrete the keratin that forms hair, and as their activity wanes over time, their production drops, resulting in progressively thinner hair.
Red light can help stimulate the hair root cells by increasing their ATP production, while also stimulating blood flow to the hair roots, bringing in more oxygen and glucose.
Wear it 2x/day for 20 minutes each time. Most people notice positive changes after a month.
- 180, 5-chip light emitting diodes inside the cap for complete coverage of the top, back and sides of the scalp.
- Each LED contains a 630, 660, and 780 nm red light (biomodulation effects) and 850 and 940 nm infrared (radiant, deeper-penetrating heat) wavelength emitter, for a total of 180 x 5 = 900 red/infrared light emitters to bathe your scalp in therapeutic light/ photons and energize your hair roots.
- The cap comes with a wire controller that plugs into an AC outlet. Use the controller to set treatment time up to 30 minutes; LED selection, and intensity level (if it gets too warm, you can reduce the intensity, or not use the infrared emitters).
- Some users have experienced success using the cap for easing or stopping tension headaches.
- Cap has a zipper in the back to accommodate larger head sizes.
- Tilt the cap to focus the LEDs on a particular area if desired, such as the front or the crown of the head.