This product is perfect for people who have arthritic knees and those who are rehabilitating a knee injury -- an ACL, PCL, MCL or patellar ligament tear or strain, or a meniscal tear/ surgical repair. It can also be used to heal epicondylitis of the elbow (Golfers and Tennis elbow).
Each of the 96 diodes has one (1) 660 nm red light emitter and two (2) 850 nm near infrared light (invisible, deep heating wavelength) emitter. The red light wavelength stimulates healing by increasing cell respiration rate (improves cell membrane transport and ATP production) while the infrared wavelength vasodilates the small blood vessels in the painful area and increases blood flow and oxygen delivery to healing tissues; in this case the knee ligament and cartilage structures.
Remember, ligaments and cartilage are mostly "non-living" matrix material (proteins and special water-binding molecules) synthesized by special cells called chondroblasts. The idea is to energize those chondroblasts so that they can accelerate repair of the ligaments and cartilage. Red light therapy is one of the few modalities that can do this; pulsed EMF is another one.
The wrap comes with a rechargeable power bank that is placed in a pouch on the wrap, making it portable. It connects to the wrap via a USB cable. Wear them under pants and no one will know that you are getting knee treatment!
How to Operate:
- Fully charge the power bank with a USB Micro B cable (included with power bank) plugged into a laptop USB port, or into a DC5V/2.5A USB plug (not included) that is plugged into a wall outlet. The power bank is fully charged when all four power indicator dots are on.
- Connect the power bank to Knee wrap using the USB power cord that comes with the wrap: insert the male pin end of the cord into the female receptacle on the wrap; insert USB end into one USB port on the power bank
- Turn on the power bank by pressing the small button. The square power button on the wrap will turn green. Place the power bank in the pouch on the wrap.
- Press the square button on the wrap, and all LEDs will come on. The wrap will stay on for about 20 minutes, then it will auto-shut off. Let the LEDs cool for about 20 minutes before turning on again.
- While the button is green, you can switch to Pulsed mode by depressing it and holding it down for 3 seconds, then releasing. The wrap power button turns blue, and the LEDs flash.
For acute knee pain (recent injury; some pain and swelling) use it 4-6x/day, 2 hours apart (ice it as well, 3x/day for 20 min each time).
For chronic knee pain, use 3x/day 20 minutes each time. When pain reaches its lowest level, use as-needed, or daily for maintenance.
Rating Power: 48 w
Actual Power: 15 w
Product Size: 550mm x 255mm x 4.95 mm
LED Qty: 96, @ 0.5w/ LED
Net Weight: 0.58kg
Wavelength: 1 660nm; 2 850nm per LED
PACKAGE INCLUDES:ONE (1) 96 LED knee wrap
USB power cable
5000mAh 3.7V power bank